So I’ve been a bit quiet as I’ve had a lot going on. This includes preparing ten interesting slides to use as props for a talk I gave this evening to the USC Philosophy Club. It was entitled “Ten Things YOU Should Know About Black Holes”. It started with the original idea by Michell in 1783 (yes, really, that early!) and ended with topics of current research (what is the fate of the singularity? What really happens at a horizon? Etc., etc…) I spoke for a while and then fielded tons of questions, and am now (I am writing a draft of this on the subway train home – uploading later) suffering from a rather broken voice due to too much talking and projection…. Gosh. But it was fun. A really […] Click to continue reading this post
Sketches, Drawings, etc
- ZoochosisCOM on Fail Lab Episode 12 – Finale
- Mary Cole on Fail Lab Episode 11 – Failure
- jinborneo on Fail Lab Episode 11 – Failure
- ZoochosisCOM on Fail Lab Episode 11 – Failure
- Gwlio on Fail Lab Episode 10 – Disaster!
- Clifford on Fail Lab Episode 8 – Testicles
- Rob J on Fail Lab Episode 8 – Testicles
- ZoochosisCOM on Fail Lab Episode 10 – Disaster!
- jinborneo on Fail Lab Episode 10 – Disaster!
- Back to Bilbo, Again - Asymptotia on Evolution of a Poor Joke
- The Science of Speed: Week Ending 11/14/13 » on Consulting for a Cat…
- Amy on Why Do I Study Physics?
- jinborneo on Fail Lab Episode 9 – Aggression
- jinborneo on Why Do I Study Physics?
- USCDornsife on Why Do I Study Physics?