Turns out that it still a lot of fun to lecture about string theory and D-branes! (The latter are an important type of extended object, generalizing membranes, that have been very useful in theoretical physics for the last 20 years. — My goodness, it has been 20 years since Joe Polchinski first demonstrated their importance for string duality!) The students at the Latin American String School here in Mexico City seem to be very engaged and enjoying themselves. Although I was having fun I was also not without a presentation error or two brought on by […] Click to continue reading this post
Sketches, Drawings, etc
- The New Improved Scooby-Gang? (Part 2)
- Happy Centennial, General Relativity!
- The New Improved Scooby-Gang? (Part 1)
- One Hundred Years of Certitude
- Anthropological Friends
- A Mexico Meeting
- D-Brane Fun!
- Not the Cafe from Hell…
- That Dilemma Again
- Five zeros!
- It’s Time
- Gravity on the Horizon!
- That Serial Film Crime…
- Back to Basics
- Screen Junkies – The Martian, Science, and Problem-Solving!