I learned* a short while ago that the fourth season of The Universe on the History Channel starts tonight! As you may have read from a number of posts of mine over the last couple of months (see e.g. here, here and here), there’s been a lot of filming for this new cluster of episodes. I actually thought it was all going to start airing in the Fall, so this is a surprise to me.
There are some fun topics coming up in this season. There’ll be plenty of interesting things to learn, with contributions from a variety of interesting scientists telling you about very new research results as well as the classic material (one of the reasons I like the series). Incidentally, I contribute to several episodes, but I’ve no idea if I’m in this season opener**, which is rather tantalizingly (and perhaps a tad over-sensationally? ) called “Death Stars”. It is at 9:00pm ET/PT but will no doubt be repeated during the week and possibly next Tuesday before the next new one. Best to check their site for details.
Enjoy the new Season!
**[Update: Oh, how about that... Seems I was. I'd forgotten this part of the shoot we did. I was talking about neutron star binaries and briefly about wandering stars...All good fun!]
On this day on Asymptotia...
- Crazy Week... - 2011
- Entangled - 2010
- Toe Temptation - 2009
- Welcome Invasion - 2008
- Palm Pink - 2007
- The Awesome Power of Theoretical Physics in Your Everyday Life - 2006
Some Related Asymptotia Posts (not exhaustive):
- Tales From The Industry XXIX - Dune
- Heat Exhaustion...
- Some Things That Keep Me Busy
- Tales From The Industry XXVII - Light Speed
- Tales From The Industry XXV - Parallel Universes
- The Universe Laughs
- Tales From The Industry XX - Sporting Locations
- Tales From The Industry XVIII - History Looked On
- Cosmic Holey Moley!
- The History Channel Joke
- The Universe Tomorrow
- Tales From The Industry, XII - A Shooting Diary
- The Scary Universe?
- My Superpowers Revealed
- The Universe On TV
- Tales From The Industry XI - The Universe