Here’s a freshly minted Oscar winner who played a scientist surrounded by… scientists! I’m with fellow physicists Erik Verlinde, Maria Spiropulu, and David Saltzberg at an event last month. Front centre are of course actors Eddie Redmayne (Best Actor winner 2015 for Theory of Everything) and Felicity Jones (Best Actress – nominee) along with the screenwriter of the film, Anthony McCarten. The British Consul-General Chris O’Connor is on the right. (Photo was courtesy of Getty Images.)
Sketches, Drawings, etc
- Thankful for UnThanks
- dublab at LAIH
- Ceiba Speciosa
- Simulated meets Real!
- Pre-Oscar Bash: Hurrah for Science at the Movies?
- Ahead of Myself…
- Coming Along Nicely, Broadly Speaking
- Today I managed to…
- Has Hubble found the Culprit?
- Sometimes there is Smoke without Fire
- LAIH Field Trip: The Natural History Museum!
- Dijkgraaf on Light
- The Visitors