As you might guess from the flower to the right, I’m presently not in California, but Colorado. In fact I’m in Aspen, a place to which, you might have gathered from previous years’ blogging, I come to work for a while in the Summer. The Aspen Center for Physics is here, as well as some great mountain trails, river walks, bike trails*, several other organizations of interest, festivals, and of course, some good cafes. So I’m pretty well set up in terms of things I need to think and work on various projects.
The flower is the columbine, the state flower, and I encountered them (and a host of other lovely flowers of many types) on Saturday on my first hike since properly being acclimatised to the altitude and so forth.
I’ve already had some great conversations at the Center, which included catching up with some old friends and finding out what projects they’ve been up to, meeting new people, and attending an interesting colloquium. More on that later.
*Yes, the Brompton is here with me again. See earlier.
Some Related Asymptotia Posts (not exhaustive):
- Hanging with the Funny People
- Haunting while Working
- Combined Columbines
- Ink Time...
- Tales From The Industry XXII - Live LHC Chats
- Sharing the Storm
- Some Saturday Shopping
- Altered Saturday Plans
- Return to the Nest
- Last Night in Aspen
- News From The Front, VI: Simultaneity
- News From The Front, V: Microscopic Weekend Diversions
- Clearing Out
- More Than A Hint Of The Old Days, II
- The Man of Tomorrow?
- All In A Day's Work
- A Bundle of Laughs?
- Papa's Got A Brand New Bag
- Memories, Physics, and Celebration
- Why I'm Sometimes Sure We're Doomed
- Talking Heads On Strings
- Aspen Talks
- The Last Procrastination (Today)
- Hard To Avoid
- Last of the Wild Flowers
- There's Music Beyond The Standard Model
- Letting Off Steam
- Physics Shoot 'Em Up!
- What's The Difference?
- It's On
- Saturday Shopping in Aspen, II