Take your pick. (Yikes. I almost forgot.)
A breakdown of your choices:
- If going for the day aspect, then you much recall to walk in circles at 1.59pm (I think). you know, so that it is 3.14159…and so forth… Here’s a site for more. And here for a potted history.
- Taking the middle option…. Er…. Well, do a thought experiment. Maybe come up with an important principle about how our universe works. We need new ones.
- Finally… Well, several of you don’t need to do anything for the last option right? It would take a non-trivial effort to talk otherwise, right? For the non-physicists among you, as a first approximation, be sure to make lots of allusions to breaking things down into component parts, simplifying, and so forth – even when it is only marginally relevant. That’s what we do* when we forget to switch off the physicist-mode. If lost, click here for help.
*See my post “Consider a Spherical…” for example.
On this day on Asymptotia...
- Today is... - 2013
- Nature by Numbers - 2012
- Being Pedestrian - 2011
- Pi Day Today! - 2010
- Road Benefits - 2010
- Pi Day! - 2009
- Ten Things About Pluto - 2009
- Candace Partridge: Women in Physics at USC - 2007
Some Related Asymptotia Posts (not exhaustive):