…Yeah. Somehow sending proposals and samples of manuscripts around by email does not really feel super-exciting to me. But it is the way things are done now, it seems. But this afternoon, I found myself doing something very old-school, which I rather enjoyed, perhaps because it connected me with writers through the ages: Printing up some special packages (proposal, samples, etc, of the book project), putting them into envelopes and schlepping them down to the post office, getting in line, and actually posting the things off to publishers! It was only three, and these are Hail Marys at best, but the exercise felt good …and who knows?
Ok. Now for some physics. Somehow, during all the errand-running yesterday, I had a splendid idea for a calculation (while on the subway) that I’m dying to try out.
On this day on Asymptotia...
- Happy Mother's Day! - 2011
- Cloudy with a Chance of Spaceballs - 2010
- Tales From The Industry XXVIII - Angels, Demons, and Antimatter - 2009
- Jacaranda Time! - 2008
- Good Company - 2008
- Random Web Stuff, I - The Princes - 2008
- The Burning, I - 2007
- Another Seasonal Indicator - 2007
- Endings and Beginnings - 2007