Well, it is great to be back in New York. Multiple times this year – hurrah! I’ve just got back from the Times Center where all the speakers have been running through their talks to smooth out kinks of various kinds (technical glitches, run time, etc). The senior TED people are here sitting in the auditorium and one by one we come up and go through things to give us a chance to get familiar with the stage, and to hear any thoughts or comments. (See tiny picture on the left.) People have done really good jobs preparing, and so most comments are simply ones of congratulations, with some small suggestions here and there with regards points of confusion, or sound levels, or run time. We’ve got six minutes. You heard me right – I must explain all of particle physics and research in string theory in six minutes. I like my challenges… Well, I spent a lot of time designing the content of the talk [...] Click to continue reading this post
Sketches, Drawings, etc
- Not Struck… - Asymptotia on Heaven Help Us
- Heaven Help Us - Asymptotia on Consulting for a Cat…
- Lunch Time in Colour - Asymptotia on Dining
- Arvind Iyer on Goodbye, Nelson Mandela
- ZoochosisCOM on Fail Lab Episode 12 – Finale
- Mary Cole on Fail Lab Episode 11 – Failure
- jinborneo on Fail Lab Episode 11 – Failure
- ZoochosisCOM on Fail Lab Episode 11 – Failure
- Gwlio on Fail Lab Episode 10 – Disaster!
- Clifford on Fail Lab Episode 8 – Testicles
- Rob J on Fail Lab Episode 8 – Testicles
- ZoochosisCOM on Fail Lab Episode 10 – Disaster!
- jinborneo on Fail Lab Episode 10 – Disaster!
- Back to Bilbo, Again - Asymptotia on Evolution of a Poor Joke
- The Science of Speed: Week Ending 11/14/13 » on Consulting for a Cat…