I decided when I got home to spend the evening doing a bit of refining of the previously mentioned roughs and start trying out a new inking idea (working on translucent vellum instead of on bristol printed with non-repo blue… for those who care). Seems to have worked fine… and the dude’s head is not so giant any more, and so on and so forth… Have a look here for comparison. I may have overdone the crosshatching on the face of the woman. Might end up all merging at the next stage and looking too blotchy… Some digital cleanup might be needed there.
Perhaps I should show you the colours it’ll have….
But now it is 2:00am (working on pages take ages!), so I’d better call it quits. The temptation to throw on the colour is huge, but I must go to sleep…