Gran elefante erguido, by Miquel Barceló. (Click for larger views.)
Sometimes a 7m tall upside down bronze elephant is exactly what one needs to see to root the day. It is at the Caixa Forum, Madrid, not a million miles from the library that I like to work in, while touring my work around in Walkabout mode.
By the way, the “living wall”, “Le Mur Végétal”, or “vertical garden” in the background is quite spectacular. It is by Patrick Blanc, whose website I strongly recommend you look at to learn about his ideas about gardens.
On this day on Asymptotia...
- Showcase and Awards Today! - 2014
- February for the Chop? - 2009
- Rings Around Rhea - 2008
- Thoughts from Above, II - 2007
- Thoughts from Above, I - 2007
- When Physicists Go Bad? - 2007
Some Related Asymptotia Posts (not exhaustive):