Well, they aired it. Gosh. It’s a pared-down version of what we shot (there were three questions for The Big Bang Theory’s Jim Parsons in all… one asking him to explain the Big Bang Theory, the entropy one you see in the clip, and finally “Newton Vs Einstein – Who’s funnier?”), but amazingly they actually aired it on Monday in the midst of all the celebrity news and Emmy news they had to report. I was sure it would get cut, even though it’s is a tiny piece.
The clip is here.
Yes, I know… what am I, a theorist, doing fiddling with some doohickey in the lab*? It’s a long story. And no, I did not come up with the questions. And… er… I was joking about there being openings in the department. Please don’t send any job applications as a result!
*Thanks, Jia Grace Lu, for letting me and the crew in to play in your lab!
On this day on Asymptotia...
- On CU@USC Tonight - 2013
- No more comments at Popular Science - 2013
- Fail Lab Episode Two - Sexual Selection! - 2013
- Head Lines - 2011
- ArtWalk Walks... - 2010
- Doomsday Fun and Games - 2009
- Will Explain Physics For Food...? - 2008
- Tips on Global Warming - 2007
- ScienceWoman's New Digs - 2007
- Yellow In Miniature - 2006
Some Related Asymptotia Posts (not exhaustive):
- Tales From The Industry XXIII - Big Bang Theory
- Tales From The Industry XXII - Live LHC Chats
- Tales From The Industry XXI - Another Go At An Einstein Film
- Tales From The Industry XX - Sporting Locations
- Tales From The Industry XIX - Black Comedy
- Tales from the Industry
- Tales From The Industry XVIII - History Looked On
- Tales From the Industry XVII: Jump Thoughts
- Tales From The Industry XVI - Correlations Meetup and More
- Tales From The Industry, XV - Coincident Science Bloggers
- Tales From The Industry XIV - MANswers
- Tales From The Industry XIII - Magnetic Moments
- Tales From The Industry, XII - A Shooting Diary
- Tales From The Industry XI - The Universe
- Tales From The Industry X - Wired Science
- Tales From The Industry, IX
- Tales From The Industry, VIII