Continuing, here’s a short notebook on Wednesday.
- 6:45am A tad annoying that I woke up at this time. I deliberately did not set the alarm so that I could have a bit of a lie-in. Of course, my system woke me up at the usual time anyway. Similar morning ritual to last two times (yes, oatmeal again since I’ve run out of cinnamon-raisin bagels), but no shirt-ironing was involved. I’ve decided to be in stealth mode for most of the day, which means stay entirely away from the campus and work at home.
- 8:15am Decide to first tinker a bit with the Tuesday diary post. Turns into a bit more of an epic than I intended. Tinker with it and catch up on email for an hour or so.
- 9:30am Start reading one of the papers I planned to read today. It’s an excellent one from the early 90s by Greg Moore. I’d never appreciated it back then. Now I’m seeing it with new (wiser?) eyes.
- 10:30am Make tea. Final tinker with the post. Deal with more email and check on blog. Back to reading.
- 11:45am Some more emails replied to. Time to go entirely into stealth mode, methinks. No more phone, email, blog, or IM for a while. Shut down computer.
- Nothing but reading (some more papers from that era) and scribbling ideas for four hours. All in aid of Project B. (Hoped to get to Project A matters, but did not happen.) Sorry about the names A and B, but I don’t want to go into the details of various projects for now. Several cups of tea are consumed. (Bee: Nicely packaged Assam, from Harrods, courtesy of my brother; a gift when he passed through in January.)
- 4:00pm Leave to run errand, and then on to the Grove at 5:00pm to have coffee with an actress friend I have not seen in a while. Catch up and see how she is doing. Was hoping to tell her that I’d seen her appearance in a new TV commercial for GE that’s on nationally now, but I just don’t see many TV commercials, and so can’t give her that news. It was good to see her and hear things are going well.
- 7:00pm After shopping for an hour around the area, I return home.
Nothing more to report of interest. I read some more, puzzled over some ideas, cooked, ate, and relaxed. Watched the season finale of the excellent second season of Rome, on HBO.
So, finally, I got a good bit of physics thinking done this week. Only about five quality hours, but it is a good start. I could do with another day (a full one) to immerse myself some more, but Thursday is set to be just like Tuesday.
So I’ll pin my hopes on Friday, and the weekend.