I’m enjoying the new metro ads that are up all over the city. Are you? They are going for the more direct and immediately pragmatic point in an effort to encourage people to leave their cars behind. (You’ve read my thoughts about that before.) Here are a few I spotted over the last few days (click for larger view):
The style reminds me of the HSBC ads that you see in the UK, again comparing two things with a simple tag under each. Except that in that case, the idea is that the things and their labels are interchangeable. Not so here. See some here. Here’s one:
Coincidence? I’d bet a fair amount that it is the same ad agency, or at least that there is some connection.
Some Related Asymptotia Posts (not exhaustive):
- This is a Tough One
- The Universe Laughs
- It's Bike to Work Week!
- Consider the Alternatives
- Some of What Matters
- More Encounters On the Road Less Travelled
- Tales From The Industry, XII - A Shooting Diary
- Papa's Got A Brand New Bag
- Twenty Thousand Bikes
- Better and Better
- Commuting, II
- Commuting, I
- Just So You Know I'm Not The Only Nut In The Fruitbowl
- A Christmas Present For The B!
- Promises, Promises
- Short Range Interactions
- Green For Purple
- Bikes and the City
- Mama Said There'd Be Days Like This